Thursday, October 30, 2008

#3 "vacation" ????

Lately I'm afraid to check my email b/c of deployment notifications that continually plague me. Last week it was "kate please fill out your top 5 choices for a deployment." Ironically I had to put it into an excel sheet titled "dream sheet." Today I got an email saying that I most likely got my #1 choice. I'm just jumping for joy over here as I write this... oh wait, no I'm not, I'm enjoying my cat laying on my lap! I'd have to be there next Sept for 6 months back at Camp Slayer in Baghdad, Iraq where I was on my first deployment. When I turned in my dream sheet last week I thought "I'm getting out of the military for sure!" Well, now that I have it, I'm thinking I might take it. Heck, I haven't been blessed with kids just yet, so why not? Joe loves me and understands, so seriously, why not? I'm sure I'm going to get a ton of emails saying don't go after this post... Obviously my #1 priority in life is God, then Joe, so I may not take it after all. I am, however, a glutton for punishment and hard work so I just might. God has blessed me with so much that I don't even know where to start. When I'm deployed I see such a hunger for God that I can almost taste it. Soldiers look to me for advice and help like a lost puppy looks for his owner. There is also a great body of Christians that I find while there too. It's like an early reunion that we'll experience in heaven. I've met brothers and sisters in Christ that I feel that I've known forever and can't wait to see them again on the other side. I might also go too b/c I know that if I were to die while there, I spared someone who may not be a Christian from dying before they had a chance to meet Christ. Every day I have here is a gift from God. I forget that sometimes, but praise God today is one of the days that I remember:)

On a ligher note, I just might deploy again b/c I like care packages hehe! Seriously, I LOVED getting those and mail and emails and prayers... It was like I was a celebrity. I just had to wear the same thing every day. Not a bad plan over there since I didn't have anyone to do my makeup or plan my wardrobe. I did have a cook, someone to do my laundry, my own gym, my own lake to run around... huh, I hadn't thought about my celebrity status until now:) Something else I miss is the controlled chaos there. Funny b/c I emailed my friend Beth a few weeks ago saying that I'm bored, need stuff to do... I have worked harder in the last two weeks than I have since I was deployed. I only had a few hours to myself last Sunday, and this weekend I'm taking another master's class, so I'll only have this Sunday off as well. So ya, that's how it was on deployment!

For those of you who really don't want me to go, pray that we have a family addition b/c that would definitely make it clear cut that "I ain't going nowhere..."

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I am praying for the family addition...but I also think that you make a huge difference in people's lives no matter where you are...you're just that kind of person. Wish I were!