Sunday, March 16, 2008

This pic is from a friend, and I figured it was easier to show lots of stuff through one than clog the blog w/ many. The middle picture is of the sheep/goats they have for sale by the edge of the street daily.
This is how I roll yeah! Ok, and some of the guys I work w/ from Romanai (Left) and Hungary (Middle)
A little cart market guy - look at how carefully he's placed the oranges. I thought that was so neat. AND he's even moving the cart w/ them and they're not falling!
As a little notice-yes I'm being careful and have even been called the "voice of reason" and the person who makes sure we follow procedures:)

Well, it’s my bday… I’m a quarter of a century old. Yuppers! I actually forgot that it was today until late last night as I was falling asleep. On the bright side, I’m still the youngest person in my office here too. I find that quite flattering that I’m getting all these amazing experiences at such a young age. I must say that this deployment has been harder in ways b/c the work days are slower, but just as long. I do like the different countries that I work with, and we’re always laughing at each other’s shall I say “oddities.” For instance I had pizza the other day for lunch, and brought back a left over piece with me for a snack. One of the guys from Holland just looked at me and said “you Americans, that is so weird that you’re eating pizza at this time of day.” I asked him if they have pizza for lunch, and he said no! He said their pizza restaurants don’t open until at least 4pm. Lets say he was a little surprised to hear ours are open by 11, and until 2am (at least in college towns).
Speaking of pizza, I think that’s what we’re going to get for my bday too for lunch… Let’s send the Dutch into more fits:)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!!! oh, I forget to email you....but I actually did remember it because Luke's birthday is the 21st.