Sunday, March 16, 2008

Enthusiasm

Do you ever just meet a person that radiates energy, enthusiasm, love, and Christ all at one time? Well, I have been blessed on this deployment to meet a wonderful lady named Vanessa. She leads a Bible study on Fridays and we’re going through the Purpose Driven Life book. Yes, I’ve read parts of it before, and it was challenging, but with Vanessa leading it, I’m learning a lot more. In addition to that, we have been able to have some great talks, and she’s an amazing mentor in regards to the military, and to being a wife. I’ve really been challenged to look for God in this place, and to make every single second here count. Why? Because I want to give God all the glory, and truly live for him. I want to “go out with a bang!” and have no regrets. Everyone makes mistakes, and so far I’ve been able to say that there isn’t anything I’d majorly change in my life b/c I’ve learned something from all my mistakes. I have had a great family growing up, I married my fairytale prince, I’ve been blessed to know God since I was little, I’ve gotten to travel the world in the military, and every now and then I meet brothers and sisters in Christ that I’m able to rejoice with on this earth, and get excited b/c I know that there is sooo much more rejoicing to come in God’s kingdom!! If you’re reading this, I pray that you have that same joy about the life to come, that I’ll see you there, and that God will richly bless you!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Reading this really encouraged me...thanks:)