Sunday, March 16, 2008

Battery Powered

I went to work yesterday with a renewed sense of energy, ready to tackle anything… I didn’t expect to have to work so hard to achieve that goal of “tackling anything” but God provided despite many many technical difficulties in the office! God is challenging me to finish strong here. Or start strong for that matter due to the fact that I’m only here for 5ish more weeks (the return trip home will take a week itself). To that note, if you plan on sending me something, please do so by May 1st as packages usually take 5-7 days, but can take up to 2 weeks. Thanks!

I'm going to open up a little here... Last deployment one of my goals was to lose weight. I realize now what a selfish goal that was b/c I can’t take my earthly body to heaven with me. Yes I need to be careful what I eat, make sure that I exercise so that I have this body until God calls me home. However, it’s not going with me, so I shouldn’t be so vain. Of course that is much much easier said than done, and I happen to be big boned... According to Psalms 139, God made me just the way HE wanted. Every extra curve, hips, etc, are just where God wants them. Yes I may eat too many sweets and make those curves a little bigger, but I’m never going to be curveless and fit jeans like some girls can. Another quote from the “Calm My Anxious Heart” book hit me like a brick wall last night:
“I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God’s thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking.” - George MacDonald

On a silly note, I decided to wear my winter boots to work b/c it was raining and a little chilly here. For some reason, my right boot was fitting a little funny, and it felt like the leather in the toe was hitting my big toe. I dismissed it and wore the boots to work anyways, amidst some discomfort. Finally at work I decided to take it off and see if I could rearrange the foot pad or find what was irritating my toes. I reached in my boot and found a AAA battery! It was left there from my last deployment when I brought everything home! A guy from Lithuania named August said, “are you running that low on energy that you need to put batteries in your boots? Or maybe you’re part of the new 21st century soldier program everyone is talking about.” I never cease to amaze myself!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That is so funny!!! Do you remember Mrs. Beach's story about Nathan wearing a shoe with a dead mouse in it? yuck...i'm glad you didn't have a mouse in your boot!

luke and i still want you and joe to come visit when you're back :)