Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm here!

So after about 12 days of travel, I finally made it. The "funny" thing is that some people at my final destination beat me here by a week because they caught a quick turn around flight at Manas AB in Kyrgyzstan. I can't complain though b/c my "time" started on 2 Mar, rather than when I actually got in Afghanistan, so that's nice at least.
I have a great roommate, the bathroom is right down the hall, and we're in modified dorms per say. It's great not having to walk outside the bathroom like last time.
I found out what I'll be doing here, and it sounds pretty interesting. I'm working with many many different countries and their militaries, and I LOVE that! The cultures are so vast and it's been amazing to meet people from Slovenia-Britain already! They're all very nice (perhaps b/c I'm female - just joking:) and amazingly enough, they speak good English. I'm quite impressed by their efforts to learn new words that they don't know too. I think I'm going to start asking them how they say various things too... I love learning!
Well, off to another day at work, just wanted to let you all know that I'm here, and doing well. Thanks for your prayers and emails!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! I'm glad you made it! And thanks for the contact information, even if it did come eight times... What amused me the most was that I read each e-mail, just in case there was something slightly different with one of them (a correction, of sorts). :-)

Elizabeth said...

so glad you're there and back to feeling normal :)