Sunday, September 28, 2008

Training wheels

So today I decided that despite my neck and back pains (still from the car accident in August) I was going to take Gunnar for a bike ride. Yes I realize that he pulls a lot and of course tries to stay away from the bike. However, I thought I was prepared for it. Apparently I should have had training wheels on b/c instead he pulled me off my bike! We were going along just fine, and he saw something on the other side and veered straight in front of me and I didn't have time to react before he pulled my steering wheel to the right and I completely wiped out! I scraped my need, jammed my wrist, dented my wedding band, and took a pumice stone to my hands... Lets just say after that I ran Gunnar for a LONG time and wore him out:) When we got back to the house, he still had energy though and so I took him off the leash and ran him around the cul de sac by my house and he stayed with me until he saw a squirrel. He hasn't learned yet that all things cat size and smaller are not chew toys... Something about the predatory instinct God created them with! Needless to say, I'm ok, but suffering from some sort of flu thingy that a friend had last week (so I think). If that is the case, I'll be sick most of this week and have an extremely achey body. Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yikes...it sounds about as bad as being 9 months pregnant! I sympathize.