Monday, September 8, 2008

Lessons learned

Well, my sister is finally a married woman! The week before her wedding was a LOT of work for sure! It's weird to think that when Joe and I go home, Sara won't just be there waiting around like before. I'm really happy for her though and I'm glad that she found such a perfect guy like Andrew.

As for the things I learned:

I REALLY miss family! Labor Day weekend my cousin got married and I was able to see family there, and at Sara's wedding, and it was wonderful.

I love the country/farm lifestyle. Being on my parents farm is just so peaceful, and I love seeing all the kittens running all over.

I hate acrylic nails. I had them done in California when I was out there for work. Yes I got my money's worth b/c I wore them to 3 weddings and some other functions, but Joe is also VERY glad that I ripped them off last nite.

Max (my cat) REALLY misses us when we leave. If he could handle the long car rides, I'd take him home with us every time.

God uses us all the time, and sometimes it's when we least expect it. It was difficult to be happy and helpful all the time when I was really tired, but with God and my mom's help, I was able to stay happy most of the time.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

wow, sounds like you've had a lot going on. i miss you...my life is changing so fast...i miss the stability of old friendships...yours and angie's. someday i really wish the two of you could come visit for a week.