I absolutely love children. Tonight at Bible study one of the guys who is a principal was talking about a trouble student that he has and how he's been learning to work with her. I realize that in my current line of work I don't get to see chileren very much and I would love to find something after the military that would allow me to have that opportunity. I was listening to a Christian speaker on the radio awhile ago and he said that when you're wondering what you're supposed to do next in life, there are few things to consider.
#1-What has God given you a passion for? What do you absolutely love to do, that if you did it for the rest of wouldn't actually seem like a job or a burden?
#2 What opportunities at work, life, in the community and just in general has God put before you? Have you been able to excel in a certain area of life, or have certain doors miraculously opened?
#3 What do you have experience in doing? Do you find yourself doin whatever it is that you love to do a lot? Are you good at working on cars, playing on computers, working with kids...
#4 What abilities has God given you? Maybe you have the passion to be a singer, but if God hasn't given you that ability, obviously there is something else that God would have you do/be in life. I would have loved to be a singer, but obviously that's not going to ever happen!
I look at these 4 questions and I think to myself "boy I don't think the military is for me long term." Why? Well I do have #2-4, but not the passion for my current line of work. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the military in general, I love the people that I work with, and I love the friendships. I've been praying about perhaps trying to get into a different career field, but I know that deployments would still arise, and in the big picture, Joe is more important to me than the military. On the other side of things, a lot of great officers are separating from the military and it makes me wonder who will be left in 20 years to continue to shape the military into a just and powerful force that can help people in need. Oh ya, and there is the whole desire to be a mom some day that just screams "get out of the military before you have them!" I just couldn't imagine leaving them for 6 or more months at a time. EWY that'd be awful! All this being said, I still don't know if I'm going to stay in the military or get out. Only God knows what's next for me. I am looking forward to the continual adventure for sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I saw a quote yesterday that I found insightful and is somewhat applicable to the "do I/don't I?" question(s) of life...
I'm paraphrasing, but... "God doesn't care where you go or what you do, he cares about who you become in the process." I found it helpful in the "oh, I guess I don't have to worry about making a wrong decision" sort of way.
*shrug* hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment