Wednesday, August 13, 2008

San Diego

Well, this week has been a stretch of my comfort zone for sure! I arrived here at 1am on Tues, had to find the rental car, had to find my hotel... not only that, but Fox rental agency gave me a Dodge Charger that's huge and when you get it above 75mph, it decides that it wants to lurch forward at odd moments. I thought that if I got above say 85 that would make a difference, but then the speedometer decides to go down to 40 momentarily, then jump back up! I've been planning to return the car, but then things keep coming up every day, so I'm only city driving and it's fine for that. then had to get up early for a conference.

As most of you know, I'm still relatively knew in my current job, so the conference that I'm here for has been a daily mental drain! I'm working hard to comprehend everything, and ask questions when I don't understand things. It's like college all over again - ok the part where the professor does the review session (sometimes on topics he'd never discussed before) and you're trying to take detailed notes! I have to write a big paper when I get back, so I'm hoping that I can remember everything I've learned. On the bright side I have lots of people that I can email/recontact later if I need to.

Now for the good stuff of this trip - I went to the San Diego Zoo on Tues afternoon! I even got in free for being military - $28 value woo hoo! I walked around by myself and got to see lots of animals. I absolutely LOVE animals! My favorite was seeing the black panther. He was a huge beautiful thing and I even got to see him wake up and cleam himself and he was only 10 ft away! I was quite impressed by this zoo b/c most of the animals were even out while I was there. Oh, I saw a mom and baby daughter panda while there too. I had never seen one in person, so that was a great experience. I'll post pics later:)

The best part of this business trip is that tomorrow I get to see my great Aunt and Uncle in Carlsbad - I can't wait!

No comments: