Thursday, April 10, 2008

Truly Blessed!

I am in absolute awe right now. I have received amazing care packages from family and friends! I am feeling so blessed to be able to have people that love and care about me, and the troops over here. Not many people here get care packages, yet I do, so the guys watch me when I leave to go check mail for the day. I wish you could see their faces light up when I come back with a box. It's like a kid at Christmas waiting for their parents to show them what Santa brought! They tease me about getting a package, but they're actually really excited. One guy said, "Ma'am when do you leave, b/c when you do, we're going to starve!" I think I enjoy giving things to the guys more than I enjoy eating the delicacies myself b/c I see the sheer delight on their faces. I had a German guy saying today "muy bien, gracias!" Come on, a German guy speaking spanish, where else could you get that but here:)

If you are one of the amazing people that have sent me a package I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I could cry tears of joy right now by how blessed I feel. My Lithuania buddy today said “ya know Kate, in the Bible they talk about angels. I look at you and I think I know what one looks like now.” Without all of you being so generous, that could not have been said. Thank you for helping me share God’s love with others!

BTW- If any of you are still planning on sending a package, please do so by May 1st as mail still getting here w/i 5-10 days, but is projected to slow down in the near future due to customs and having trouble getting anything delivered to our base. Thanks again!

No comments: