Thursday, April 10, 2008

No Complaints!

Here are some pictures of my Bible Study Group. Unfortunately, they're all gradually going back home too, so we were having a going away "party" for John, a guy from the UK (guy in the middle obviously).
Maj Gen and I.... He has a daughter at home named Kate, so I've become his adopted daughter over here. One night in study he was talking about her and said that we were probably the same age. Then later on he said, "ok Kate, so just how old are you?" I said "25... and one month!" That got everyone laughing! I have no probs being the youngest in the group, as you can see they're all quite high ranking here! God has blessed me with soooo many opportunities at a young age!
As people say hi to me here, they automatically appear happier b/c they see my smile. Well, one day one of the guys asked how much longer I have here, and when I told him under 2 weeks, he said, "well that's why your smiling!" I said, "no I was smiling when I got here, that's just me!" He kinda thought about that, and then nodded his head in agreement as it's true! When people use to ask me how I'm doing here, in the States, wherever, I'd say good, tired, can't wait til the weekend... Responses like that. I've gotten to the point where despite any calamities, I can say "great, I have no complaints." That answer just came to me one day, but it's become VERY true here. Compared to some people, what on earth do I have to worry about? Yes giving answers like, "I'm tired" may be very true. But I had a warm bed to sleep in (that wasn't lice infested and the sheets were clean), I had dinner (so I didn't go to bed with an empty stomach, even if the food wasn't tasty), I either took a shower that night or in the AM (and we have hot 3 min showers available, so that's great!), I have a great roommate who's very respectful and quiet when I'm trying to sleep, I get to wear a uniform to work so I don't have to pick out an outfit... Seriously, God is sooo good to me!
PS if you still want to send a package, you may do so, but I won't be here to receive it by now. However, the guys in the mail room know me, and they've been given instructions to give the packages to my team after I'm gone anyways. Thank you all for your support!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

hope you can keep smiling when you come home :)