Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Long trip!

Right now I'm sitting in Turkey waiting for my final flight over, and when I went to log in to post a blog, everything was in Turkish! I just thought that was interesting! I was in Turkey when I was 17 on a missions trip to help rebuild after the massive earthquakes, and I remember seeing lots of stuff in Turkish, and it brought back some great memories!

Well, this trip has definitely taken a long time to get over to Afghanistan! I was delayed 24 hrs in Germany b/c of weather, now in Turkey for a few hours for the same thing. I was quite happy to be delayed in Germany though b/c I've always wanted to visit the country for more than just 2 hours flying to/from a deployment. Interestingly enough, I ran into my friend Sara at the airport, and she was coming home from 5 months in Iraq. What a small world sometimes!

I can't complain about the stops either b/c it's given my body time to adjust to the time difference, and also "unstiffen" my joints! I've had a hard time flying this trip for some reason, as my knees, back, and neck have become very sore. A friend had some Motrin, so besides the break in flying, I'm feeling better now!

We were just told that we have another delay over the loudspeaker, and one of the airmen yelled back, "we love you guys" and the MC said back "we love you too!" Ah, feel the love over here;)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Who would have thought it would be so complicated flying somewhere. I would be terribly sore too. You are in my prayers. I'm so glad this is only a few months...you'll be back before you know it, and then you and joe can come visit me and luke!

Jenny said...

Okay, I have to say that I am amused that all of your blog posts are showing up as posted on February 26th. It's like Narnia and how the times of the worlds work differently! :-)

Good to hear an update. :-)