Friday, February 22, 2008

Another adventure

So it's time for another adventure to begin. I found out last night that I'm leaving for Afghanistan next week. On the bright side, it's only for 3 months this time. Additionally, it "resets" my deployment countdown, meaning that I won't have to go until next year at some point. AND if I had to go on my original deployment that was scheduled for this fall, I would have had to leave mid Aug/beginning of Sept for training for a month, and then a 6 month deployment, so 3 now is definitely better than 7 this fall.

Joe and I went to our Bible study tonight, and had our friends pray for me, and that made me feel a lot better. It's hard to be leaving after such short notice and have to say goodbye to everyone so soon. I feel like I just got back - oh wait, I did! After the study, we went to see the movie Spiderwick, and that was a really cute movie. Then we came home, and I talked to Joe while he shoveled the snow in the driveway. Our street is so quiet, and I love just watching the snow fall. Then we went for a walk down to the Speedway by our house and got some hot chocolate and then walked back. It was so peaceful, I'm really going to miss it when I leave.

Well, I'll let you all know my address once I'm there, but for now just keep Joe and I in your prayers! Thanks!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

oh good...i get to leave comments! i'm praying for you :)

Tina said...

I will try to keep up this time, Good Luck!! We will be praying for you and Joe........

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Hey Kiddo, Never forget that God is great! remember to always and everywhere turn your eyes to the father! You and Joe are in my prayers, Take care girl

Dr. Mom said...

My wonderful Kate! Surprizes never cease do they? You'll pull through this with your amazing faith. I'm calling people to schedule package deliveries- we don't want you to feel forgotten (all your friends sent boxes before - maybe that's why you volunteered to go again! lol)If anyone reading this wants to be a part of the PROUT PACKAGE PLAN just call Jean at 989-772-FOOD. We will surprize you on your second birthday overseas Kate. Just trust God and know that many, many people love you and are praying constantly. Here goes another adventure for you! We'll stay in touch with Joe. All my love and prayers, Mom