Friday, January 30, 2009
Snow!
Maybe I'm a crazy person, but I LOVE snow! Absolutely LOVE it! Growing up I'd either stay up late or get up early to plow driveways for elderly ladies, neighbors, businesses and whatever else came up-including mom's who'd flag us down. So I never stayed home on snow days, and it didn't bother me at all. Something about being out in the clean white snow is just so facinating to me. Not only that, but I do love to go sledding. Joe and I went with our friends and their 4 kids on Weds when the base was closed and that was so much fun. I grew up using the regular sleds, but they had the discs and wow are those fast and unpredictable! I feel sorry for people that have never seen/lived with snow. It's so cool. I just met an airman that had never seen snow before being stationed in Alaska. Her first encounter with snow, she stayed out in it too long and when she came back inside her pants were all wet. She said that she didn't realize that snow melted onto your pants, instead of just flaking off like cotton candy would or those types of things. I couldn't help but laugh b/c it was something that I had never thought of before! Ah I feel sooo blessed! BTW it's supposed to snow more this weekend/next week and I'm stoked!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment