I was hit by an amazing realization this TG with Joe's family. Yes I love children (obviously) but in my selfishness to want my own, I forgot that I am God's child and I'm here to please him, not myself. My life completely belongs to God and if God wants me to have children, it will happen in his timing. I was talking with a friend tonite about kids and I can honestly say that I now have a peace about when, if ever we'll have kids. As long as I don't have any children of my own, I have that much more time to love on other children. Maybe God will want us to adopt a child in need - all I know is that I'm open to anything and man do I feel free now! I've seen a few children in need (ok a LOT more than most) in my day and b/c I don't have my own, God has used me in amazing ways to help others in need. I also have an amazing husband that is able to help me help others, or share me (deployments) so that I can help others.
This Thanksgiving I thought about all the things I'm thankful for. The most important one is how much God loves me, despite my selfish antics! Praise God for his love and forgiveness!
Romans 8:38-39
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH I think adoption is one of the most Christ-like ways we can show love in this world!
Will you be in Michigan for Christmas? Maybe you could stop by to meet Cedric! We'll be home the Tuesday and Wednesday before Christmas.
Post a Comment