Sunday, April 19, 2009

God Provides!

Whew has a lot been happening lately! One of my friends from work has diverticulitis (colon issues) and was in the hospital for 8 days! I was able to spend a lot of time helping him/his wife with their 5 week old and 5 year old. What a blast! It was great mommy training to say the least. I had never given a 5 week old baths before, but it came very naturally. I wonder if it's a gift that all women pick up easily?

I also have a job when I separate-praise God! I will be working for Riverside Research Institute and I get to stay right in Dayton and not move! It took 4 interviews, but I got it:) From what I've seen, they're one of the best companies to work for around here as well, so that's even better!

I have another job too! I will be transferring from Active Duty into the Air National Guard. It'll be the one weekend a month, 2 weeks in the summer that everyone sees advertised on the commercials. I'll still wear the same uniforms that say Air Force on them, it'll just be for a state run program versus US government. While it's very unlikely, I can also be called to deploy... like I said, VERY unlikely and most people have to beg to go somewhere. BTW this was the job that I interviewed for that I thought I didn't say the right things for (previous blog), and that I didn't think I was going to get!

So in between babysitting and filling out forms for my jobs, I haven't been doing too much besides planting my garden (lots of bulbs so next year is easier) and looking for a new cell phone service b/c T-Mobile is on my last nerves w/ their poor phone reception in my house! Seriously, you'd think I lived in some remote area w/ how bad the coverage is here!

Oh and we still are babysitting the Pug, Yoshi, and I don't want to give him back anymore... I really like the snorting psycho!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you're really happy with the jobs you've ended up with... and that makes me happy!

Elizabeth said...

wow! i'm so encouraged to hear all this! God is good.